I love food prepared over a campfire! These campfire nachos are easy to assemble and everyone will love them. Plus, because they’re made in easy, individual servings, even the pickiest of eaters can be happy with dinner! Make this easy camping recipe with ground beef or canned chicken breast chunks. It’s a good idea to prep your meat beforehand so you have even fewer dirty dishes.
- 1 pound ground beef, browned & drained, or 2 cans of canned chunk chicken breast
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
Additional nacho toppings of your choice:
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced onion
- Sliced jalepenos
- Sliced black olives
- Black beans
- Sour cream
- Anything else you like!
You’ll also need:
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- One roaring campfire
- Take a look at your ingredients. This is easy. Many of the things that need to be diced or sliced can be done before your trip and put in a food storage container, or they come in a pantry-safe jar or container. You’ve got this!
- Tear off 12×12 sheets of aluminum foil. Put a handful of nacho chips on each sheet of foil to take up about a 6 inch circle in the middle of the foil.
- Layer on your preferred nacho toppings. You may opt to save things like the sour cream and guac to put on after it’s heated. Pinch the foil up around the nachos to create a sealed packet.
- Place the packets in the coals of the fire for about 5 minutes – long enough to melt the cheese. Remove carefully, open up (watch for steam escaping), add any additional toppings and enjoy!
I like making campfire nachos because it’s an easy crowd pleaser. Everyone gets to assemble their own, and the prep is as much as stocking your new or used RV’s pantry ahead of time with most of the toppings. And cleanup is a breeze – all you have are crunched up balls of foil when it’s all said and done. Contact us if you’re ready to go shopping for a new or used RV to go along with this great camping recipe!