When I’m looking for a great camping recipe, I have a few requirements. The recipe has to be:
- Easy to make
- Very few ingredients
- Easy to clean up
This is one of my very favorite recipes of all time – it’s a perfect camping recipe, but it’s also a great go-to meal at home. And it ticks all of those boxes. It cleans up in a snap, is incredibly easy to throw together, has a simple ingredients list, and – the best of all – the entire family wolfs it down!
Roasted Sausage & Potatoes
- One pound fully cooked beef sausage
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking oil
- Paprika and ground thyme
- Salt and pepper
Tools you’ll want on hand:
- Cutting board
- Large mixing bowl
- Dutch oven or cookie sheet
- Aluminum foil (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Dice sausage, potatoes, and onion.
- Combine in mixing bowl and drizzle lightly with cooking oil.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture on cookie sheet.
- Bake until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Stir every once in awhile to prevent sticking.
- When potatoes are tender, remove from oven and cover mixture generously with cheddar cheese. Turn off oven, return cookie sheet to the oven and let the cheese melt as the oven cools off. Remove when the cheese gets melty – about 5 minutes.
Your family will LOVE this camping recipe! Bonus: if you have any leftovers (and you probably won’t!) it makes a fantastic breakfast dish to reheat. Contact us today if we can help you with any RV service, winterization, or shopping for a new or used RV!