As you head into your fall camping trips, take along this fun fall camping recipe for a new spin on s’mores. It’s easy to prep ahead of time and you won’t have a bunch of chocolate bar wrappers lying around the campsite. Also, it’s easy and quick to assemble, and you don’t risk swinging hot, sharp marshmallows around the little ones. Try these s’more quesadillas on your next trip!
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips or finely chopped chocolate bar pieces
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup butter, softened
Use more marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker crumbs if you’re using medium or large tortillas.
You’ll also need:
- Iron skillet or Dutch oven (if using directly over campfire) or regular nonstick skillet (if using on your RV’s outdoor kitchen cooktop)
- Spatula for flipping
- Sharp knife
- Crush graham crackers ahead of time and store in a large Ziploc bag.
- Lightly butter one side of each tortilla.
- Heat skillet over cooktop or the grill grate on your campfire.
- When skillet is hot (but not smoking), place a tortilla butter side down. Sprinkle with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker crumbs.
- When marshmallows are melty and puffy, place another tortilla on top, butter side up.
- Flip quesadilla to lightly brown on the other side.
- Slice into wedges and serve!
For even more creative variations, try sprinkling in mint Andes pieces or chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups for a mint-chocolate or peanut-butter-chocolate s’mores quesadilla treat. Or add in crushed Oreos for a chocolatey crunch.
This fall camping recipe for s’more quesadillas is not only tasty, but it’s a fresh take on a camping classic. If you don’t have an iron skillet or Dutch oven, and want to avoid cooking this directly over your campfire, you can easily make it on your new or used RV’s outdoor kitchen. Don’t have an outdoor kitchen on your RV? Fall camping trips will definitely change your mind about that, so browse our new and used RVs for sale featuring outdoor kitchens and contact us today if you have any questions.