Thanksgiving will soon be here! What are you bringing to the family gathering? We recommend this delicious RV Thanksgiving recipe for pumpkin pie! You’ll be sure to wow your family with each mouthwatering bite. Plus, it’s so simple to throw together in your new or used RV, and using a refrigerated or frozen pie crust makes it even easier!
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 2 eggs
- 1 rounded teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ rounded teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ rounded teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated or frozen pie crust
- Whipped cream
- Candied pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Beat together pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices, and salt together until smooth.
- Carefully pour pie mixture into crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Continue baking pie about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the center comes out clean.
- The pie will begin to settle and crack as it cools – this is normal!
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Serve with a large dollop of whipped cream and candied pecans, if desired.
Pumpkin pie is a fixture of my family’s holiday gatherings and I’ve used this recipe for years! A couple of pro tips:
- Make the mixture in advance and transfer to a gallon size food storage bag, storing in the fridge. When it’s time to pour into the pie shell, snip off a corner and pour through.
- Place empty pie tin on a cookie sheet and place the cookie sheet on an oven rack. Pour the pie filling mix directly into the tin on the cookie sheet in the oven – it’s easier than carrying a jiggly, liquid-filled pie crust to the oven!