Summertime means lots of picnics and potlucks! Take this delicious summertime recipe for Cool & Creamy Corn Salad on your next camping trip or to the next family reunion in your new or used RV. It’s easy, delicious, and an absolute crowd pleaser. You’ll be hard pressed for any leftovers, so do what I do: portion off a small amount ahead of time and take the rest. That way, when you come home without leftovers, you can still enjoy some with lunch the next day!
Cool & Creamy Corn Salad
*this recipe easily doubles and triples
- 2 cans of sweet kernel corn
- ½ cup mayonnaise – adjust to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup bacon pieces (I purchase mine in the salad topping aisle, but you can also cook and crumble bacon)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the corn and dump it into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the next seven ingredients and stir well. Adjust each ingredient to taste.
- Lightly season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
This easy summer camping recipe is incredibly quick to assemble and there’s almost no clean up whatsoever! Because several of the ingredients are also pantry staples, it’s easy to throw together without a special trip to the store. It’s cold serving texture makes it especially refreshing on hot summer days, and it’s a tasty blend of plenty of hearty and mouthwatering ingredients.
If you do have leftovers – and you probably won’t! – this can keep in the fridge for another 2 days in a lidded food storage container.