Now that spring is well underway, you want to make sure to take camping recipes with you that are easy and mouthwatering! Put away the slow cooker and recipes for chilis and stews – it’s time to break out the grill or your new or used RV‘s outdoor kitchen cooktop and serve up some amazing spring camping recipes that will satisfy your appetite and be a total crowd pleaser for everyone in the family. Check out our easy spring camping recipe for grilled sausages and veggie kebabs below.
Grilled Sausages and Veggie Kebabs
- Meats: Go with flavors you love or try something new! Bratwurst, kielbasa, smoked beef sausage, spicy chicken sausage, and Polish sausages all make great options. Don’t love sausage? Try chicken breasts or beef steaks.
- Veggies of your choice: corn on the cob, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes.
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
You’ll also need:
- Wooden or metal skewers
- Pastry brush
- Tongs for turning
Fire up the grill!
- First, if you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling. This helps prevent them from accidentally incinerating while you’re grilling your supper. Kebabs = tasty! Ash sticks = not so much.
- Thread your favorite veggies onto the skewers. Brush lightly with cooking oil.
- Season all meats and veggies with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill sausages and kebabs until meat is cooked through and veggies are seared.
This is a fantastic spring camping recipe because not only can you choose exactly the vegetables you want – allowing everyone to fully customize their plate – but clean up is easy and minimal. You also get to enjoy the benefit of real ingredients cooked simply and avoid the downsides of overly processed food that contains ingredients you don’t know or can’t pronounce. Somehow, keeping it simple with a few fresh ingredients can deliver a meal that’s hearty, filling, and totally satisfying.
One thing you may especially love about this easy spring camping recipe is the ability to cook it on your new or used RV’s outdoor kitchen grill or cooktop. We can help you maximize on the features and amenities your RV provides to help you make the most of your camping trip. Contact us today with any questions!