Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – especially if you’ve got a full and fun day ahead of you while camping in your new or used RV. This delicious and hearty breakfast is easy to make and your entire family will love it!
Hearty Breakfast Hash
- 6 oz. bacon
- 10 oz bag of frozen Potatoes O’Brien
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- dried chives, optional
You’ll also need:
- Dutch oven
- Cutting board
- Dice bacon and fry in Dutch oven over medium heat. Or, fry whole bacon pieces and crumble once finished – it’ll save dirtying a cutting board and knife!
- Once crisp, remove bacon pieces from Dutch oven. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour off most of the bacon grease, reserving a few tablespoons. Add Potatoes O’Brien into the Dutch oven with the reserved bacon grease, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep the Dutch oven lidded while the potatoes cook. Stir every once in awhile to prevent sticking, cooking until tender.
- Remove lid and scrape the potatoes to the side of the Dutch oven. Crack the eggs directly into the free space, whisking and scraping to scramble.
- Once the eggs are scrambled, return cooked bacon to the Dutch oven. Immediately add the cheese and stir to fully combine. Sprinkle with chives (if using), and serve warm.
Even family members who aren’t “morning people” will happily get up to enjoy this delicious breakfast. Who doesn’t love the smell of bacon, onions, and potatoes in the morning with a hot cup of coffee?
One thing that’s great about this camp recipe is you can prepare it indoors or outside – using your new or used RV’s outside kitchen or even cooking it directly over the campfire! We can help you pick out the perfect RV to suit your family’s needs with floor plan features you’ll love – like an exterior kitchen, outdoor entertainment, a bunkhouse, bath and a half, and more! Contact us today!